- Ideal Materials/type of toys For Tough Dog Toys
- Materials/types of toys to Avoid for Tough Dog Toys
- Best Indestructible Toys for Determined Chewers
- Best Indestructible Toys for Light or Moderate Chewers
- Best Indestructible Toys for Powerful/ Strong Chewers
- Best Indestructible Toys for Uninterested chewers
- Best Toughest Toys for Extreme chewers
The best indestructible dog toys will last your dog a long time while providing entertainment and cleaning her teeth. Whatever kind of dog you have, it is essential to provide chew toys to allow your dog to act out her natural instincts, relieve anxiety, and entertain herself. If you have a powerful, determined, or extreme chewer, it is that much more essential that you have unbreakable dog toys that will last for a long time.
A wide range of chew toys with different textures and flavorings, including food-distributing toys and natural chews, will deter your dog from chewing on things that she shouldn’t, like your shoes or furniture. Dog toys that last can be left in your dog’s crate so that she will be less likely to chew on her bedding.
You can improve the chances that your dog will chew on the appropriate items by choosing one of the best chew-proof dog beds, but a great range of chew toys sets your dog up for success. Read on to choose the best toys for your dog, no matter how insistently or powerfully she chews.
*Quickly choose a toy based on the chewing level of your dog.
Dogs that want to destroy toys.
Toys that will last a long time with these chewers.
Toys that can withstand intense chewing
Dogs who usually don’t care about chew toys.
Dogs that chew all the time and need toys that won’t damage their teeth.
Ideal Materials/type of toys For Tough Dog Toys
The most unbreakable dog toys are made out of tough materials. Since your dog will be chewing on and even ingesting particles of the toy, it is important that it is made of safe and natural ingredients.
When shopping for toys for your dog, look for all-natural antlers and hooves, and toys made out of high-quality natural rubber. When choosing nylon chew toys, choose toys with a flavor all of the ways through so that dogs maintain interest. Look for toys that break down into very small pieces that are easily digestible.
Materials/types of toys to Avoid for Tough Dog Toys
Dog toys are made out of a range of materials and in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to fit all the different dogs in our lives. If you have a powerful chewer, it is important to buy toys that are made for dogs that destroy toys.
Avoid hard plastics that may break or shatter and very soft rubbers that will be easy for your dog to rip pieces off of or chew into pieces.
Stay away from soft or stuffed toys or rope toys that your dog will rip apart quickly and may ingest. Choose only those toys that are rated for your dog’s size and chew level and always observe dogs with toys for some time before leaving them alone with a toy.
Best Indestructible Toys for Determined Chewers
1. Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Dog Chew
Here is a textured bone that comes in a range of delicious flavors to entice even the pickiest chewer. These bones come at a great price, so even if your dog goes through them quickly, you may not mind replacing them over and over again.
This is a great dog toy for rough canines since it is designed for dogs that weigh more than 50 lb. You can feel good about buying this chew toy because it is made in the USA. As your dog chews on the deliciously textured surface, bristles will be raised those clean teeth and massage gums while controlling tartar and plaque. If you are looking for a super chewer dog toy, this might be the right one for you.
- Textured surface provides an additional reason for dogs to chew
- Comes in a range of delicious flavors that are saturated all the way through the bone for a satisfying chew the entire time
- One of the toughest dog toys for chewers over 50 lb
- Bristles raised during chewing clean teeth and massage gums
- The textured surface tends to develop sharp edges as the dog chews, so it can be painful if you accidentally step on this toy
- It May not have as much flavor as other flavored bones that you can smell more clearly
2. West Paw Design Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball Dog Chew Toy
This is one of the most durable dog toys that you are likely to find. The ultra-durable Zogoflex material doesn’t provide anywhere for your dog to get her teeth in. This makes it an almost unbreakable dog toy. At the same time, there are contours in the ball that make it easier for your dog to grip the ball and also allow her to breathe while she is carrying it.
This chew toy can float, making it great for water games, and the irregular shape makes the bounce unpredictable, invigorating more interest than a normal round ball. You can feel good about purchasing this product that is made in the USA. If you would like to use a ball thrower, know that this ball will fit into it. The ball is easy to clean since it is dishwasher safe.
- No hole, so nowhere for your dog to get her teeth in
- Zogoflex material is dishwasher safe, floats, and is highly durable
- Made in the USA
- Fits in a standard ball thrower
- Divots make it easier for your dog to breathe when she carries the ball
- Very determined chewers will eventually be able to wear down the ball
- Heavy, so some dogs don’t like to carry them and they can be dangerous for indoor play
- Dogs can be hit by ball due to unpredictable bounce
3. KONG Tires Extreme Dog Toy
If you are looking for a dog toy for rough canines, this extreme tire toy might be the right one for you. This is one of the toughest dog toys for chewers that like to destroy their toys. It is made of heavy-duty rubber that can hold up to even very powerful dogs.
A textured surface will help to clean your dog’s teeth and soothe her gums. The sidewalls of the tire are uniquely shaped to create a durable barrier that doubles up and compresses for a satisfying chewing experience. The round shape of this tire toy is also great for a fetch toy and tug of war as well.
You can choose between three sizes. Feel good about this purchase since KONG is a trusted company with products made in the USA.
- An unbreakable dog toy that is great for powerful chewers
- Textured surface to clean teeth and soothe gums
- Sidewalls of tire compress for a satisfying chewing experience
- Made in the USA
- Peanut butter can be placed within the rim to increase interest
- Better to err on the side of the larger toy if your dog is a powerful chewer
- Not as good for stuffing with treats as other Kong toys
- Smells of rubber
4. Nylabone Dental Chew Bacon Bone Dog Chew Toy
If your primary concern in buying a chew toy for your dog is improving her dental health, this might be the toy for you. This dental chew toy has triple cleaning action due to its innovative shape and texture. This toy will go further to reduce tartar and plaque build-up than other chew toys.
Your dog will be enticed to chew on this toy due to the irresistible bacon flavoring. Even aggressive chewers will be able to keep playing with this chew toy for a long time since it is made out of durable nylon that will hold up to the most intense chewing for dogs weighing more than 50 lbs.
If you are looking for a dog toy that lasts with even the most intense chewers while continuing to deliver quality dental health, this might be the super chewer dog toy that you have been looking for.
- Designed with the innovative structure for a more intense dental cleaning than other chews
- Irresistible flavor
- Continues to keep cleaning teeth for a long time due to the durable nylon construction
- Works well for dogs over 50 lbs.
- Bumps can get sharp as your dog chews, leading to concern about cutting the gums
- Most dogs don’t care about the middle section
- Bone is too heavy for some dogs to carry comfortably
5. Chipper Critters All Natural Medium Whole Elk Antler Dog Chew
Are you looking for an all-natural, long-lasting chewing solution for your dog? These all-natural antlers are healthy, safe, and sustainable. They don’t produce odor and mess like other edible chew toys or stuffable rubber toys. Because these are real antlers, they contain lots of essential vitamins and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, zinc, and more. These antlers are healthy for your dog, and your dog will be naturally driven to get these minerals by chewing.
Antlers will last a long time, but they are not as hard as a weight-bearing bone from a large animal so they will not wear down your dog’s teeth. Elk antlers chew differently than other antlers such as whitetail deer or moose, so you can experiment and find exactly the best antler for your dog.
- All-natural antlers come straight from nature.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable since elk naturally shed their antlers every year.
- Wear down slowly so they last a long time, but won’t wear your dog’s teeth down like a weight-bearing bone.
- Contains natural vitamins and minerals that are good for your dog and compel her to chew.
- Don’t have an odor or leave a mess on your floor.
- Tend to wear down into little daggers as your dog chews, so you will probably need to throw it away before it is fully worn down.
- Some determined chewers will go through it quickly, especially if they expose the morrow.
- You can’t choose the thickness or shape that you want online.
Best Indestructible Toys for Light or Moderate Chewers
6. West Paw Zogoflex Air Boz Durable Chew-Fetch-Play Dog Ball
Do you want a ball that is perfect to play fetch with but also can hold up to chewing and rough play? This durable ball is light and soft so that dogs can safely catch it in mid-flight. It has a very good bounce, making it go all over the place for your dog to chase. It floats as well, making it a great ball for water fun.
Choose between small or large sizes to fit your dog’s mouth. You can feel good about this ball since it is made in the USA. The bumpy exterior provides slightly unpredictable bounce. Because the squishy effect gives dogs satisfaction when they crunch on this ball, dogs that don’t normally care about balls may enjoy this one.
- A soft, light ball that can easily be caught in mid-air
- Squishy feel when dogs crunch down that is very satisfying and encourages the dog to fetch the ball
- Holds up to chewing much better than the average tennis ball
- Made in the USA
- Bumpy exterior
- Some dogs will still prefer tennis balls
- Will be destroyed by intense and constant chewing
- Some dogs would prefer a squeak or noise from the toy
7. West Paw Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
Here is a multifunctional toy that can distribute treats and stimulate your dog with mentally engaging play. The convenient shape is perfect for dogs to chew on, great to carry, and perfect for games of fetch as well. Loose pieces of treats or carrots can be stuffed into the cavity or a single large bone can be stuffed in so it sticks out.
Either way, you can really extend your dog’s interest in this toy. You can feel confident about the decision to buy this toy since it is made in the USA and is guaranteed 100% against dog damage by the manufacturer.
- Stuff in a variety of ways
- Dishwasher safe material that floats
- Made in the USA
- The company guarantees product against dog damage
- Can be difficult to find treats that will stay in the toy to make gameplay challenging
- Can be somewhat difficult to clean
- Lots of places for dogs to grip with teeth so won’t hold up to persistent or intense chewing
Best Indestructible Toys for Powerful/ Strong Chewers
8. Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
Here is a great chew toy that cleans your dog’s teeth at the same time as it entertains her. This is a heavy-duty dog toy that can withstand even the most aggressive chewers. It can reduce the destructive chewing that occurs in your home.
Even powerful dogs will find this chew toy challenging and won’t be able to break pieces off easily. As your dog chews, bristles will be raised that cleans the teeth and remove tartar and plaque. You can feel good about this chew toy since it is made in the USA.
- Innovative shape makes it easy for the dog to grip the chew toy
- Good for aggressive, powerful chewers
- Cleans teeth as well as providing entertainment
- Made in the USA
- May not hold up long to continuous, aggressive chewing
- Some dogs do not find the material or flavor appealing and so must be tempted with peanut butter or another food rubbed on to it
- As edges break down they may collect lint or dirt
9. Nylabone DuraChew Ring Dog Toy
Does your dog find most inedible chew toys boring and uninteresting? This Nylabone ring is tough and durable enough to keep even the most powerful chewers occupied, while the delicious flavor and textured design entices dogs that are generally uninterested in chewing.
Raised knobs and rings provide enticing texture that also helps to clean teeth and fight the development of tartar or plaque. Dogs over 50 lbs will find this ring challenging, making it one of the toughest dog toys for chewers who are generally uninterested but can do some damage once they decide to get down to it. You can feel good about choosing this toy since it is made in the USA.
- Delicious flavor and enticing varied texture
- Good for dogs over 50 lbs
- Made in the USA
- Cleans teeth and massage gums during chewing
- Some dogs that don’t like toys will not be enticed by this one
- Too thick for some dogs to chew on
- Meat flavor does not have much scent
10. Nylabone Dental Dinosaur Chew
Do you want a cute chew toy to occupy your dog and control tartar and plaque? This fun dinosaur dental chew will satisfy your dog’s desire to chew and also clean her teeth with the bristles raised during the chewing process.
This fun chew toy is rated for powerful chewers up to 50 lbs. You could get a T-Rex, a stegosaurus, or a brontosaurus when you order this great toy. If you want your dog’s toys to be fun as well as functional, this might be a great pick for you.
- Fun dinosaur shape with an interesting texture designed to entice your dog
- Rated for dogs up to 50 lbs
- Bristles raised during chewing will clean your dog’s teeth and massage her gums
- Hard bone can do some damage for dogs who chew persistently
- You can’t choose which dinosaur you get when buying from Amazon
- Tends to get sharp as dogs chew
11. Goughnuts – Interactive Dog Stick Chew Toy
Does your dog laugh at products that are advertised as being indestructible chew toys? The most powerful chewers need toys that are designed to withstand their above-average jaws. It is hard to find unbreakable dog toys that are safe for powerful chewers.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty dog toy that can hold up to whatever your dog throws at it, look no further than this impressive Goughnuts. Black 50 is their most durable material, roughly 20% tougher than the original Black. It is made in the USA of all-natural materials. If your powerful dog manages to chew through the stiff outer layer to expose the red inner layer, just send the toy back for a free replacement.
- Goughnuts’ most durable material, 20% tougher than the original
- Convenient bar shape is great for dogs to chew on, carry, and makes a good training baton as well
- You will know when it is time to send it in for your free replacement when you can see the red inner lining
- Made in the USA of natural materials
- Virtually indestructible
- Strong rubber smell
- Not all dogs find the material appealing to chew on
- Does not float
Best Indestructible Toys for Uninterested chewers
12. Pet Qwerks BarkBone
Is it hard to convince your dog to chew on anything that isn’t food or a real bone or rawhide? Artificial, non-edible bones are great to entertain your dog and also good for the teeth, but they won’t do much good if your dog isn’t interested in chewing on them. This is a great heavy-duty dog toy for dogs that are usually uninterested in chew toys.
These clever bones have real bacon or barbecue flavor to get your dog interested in chewing and keep her chewing for a long time to come. You can feel good about giving your dog this bone since the bacon and nylon, as well as ingredients used to make the barbecue taste, are all sourced in the USA.
These bones are non-toxic and non-allergenic so they are safe for your dog. As your dog chews on this bone it will massage her gums and provide a scraping action on the teeth.
- The rounded shape makes it easy for dogs to hold and pick up
- All components are sourced in the USA and are non-toxic and non-allergenic
- Massages your dog’s gums and provide scraping action on the teeth
- Contains real bacon or barbecue flavor to interest your dog
- Tends to break into pieces at the end, so it is important that you take it away from your dog before she has destroyed it
- Some dogs may destroy it quickly if they are dedicated chewers
- Not all dogs like the flavor
13. KONG Rubber Ball Extreme
Does your dog go through tennis balls faster than a pro player? This is a dog toy that lasts and lasts through many games of fetch and sessions of chewing. Kong is a highly trusted name in pet supplies, and this fun and the safe ball are one of their most essential products.
Because this ball has a hole all the way through it, you don’t have to worry about a puncture wound causing dangerous suction like you do with balls without holes. Furthermore, you can stuff the hole with peanut butter or other stuffing to invigorate interest in your dog and entertain her for hours of chewing. The rubber cleans your dog’s teeth and massages her gums. You can even freeze this ball for more gum soothing power. Choose between small, medium, and large sizes to get the right ball for your dog.
- A dog toy that lasts through many games of fetch
- Hollow construction provides a place to put peanut butter or other filling and also prevents dangerous suction
- Comes in your choice of size so that it will fit your dog’s mouth perfectly
- Made in the USA
- Cleans teeth and soothes gums
- The hole provides place for dedicated chewers to get a grip and slowly destroy toy
- Some dogs find the ball too heavy for comfortable fetch
14. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Toy
Do you have a dog who only cares about chewing on things that provide food? Some dogs just don’t get into nylon or rubber chews, so an alternative must be considered. This is a great toy to occupy dogs who don’t normally care about chew toys. It can also help dogs transition to like chew toys if they haven’t played with toys before.
This is one of the most durable dog toys, able to hold up to intense play and chewing. You can stuff treats into this toy or even freeze treats within it to keep your dog entertained for hours. You can feel good about this purchase since the toy is guaranteed 100% against dog damage.
This toy is made in America and is recyclable and dishwasher safe. The material is BPA-and-Phthalate-free, non-toxic, and FDA compliant.
- Stuffable and freezable
- Bounces and floats
- Made in the USA
- Dishwasher safe
- Guaranteed by the company against dog damage
- Invigorates interests in dogs who normally don’t care about toys
- The opening is large, so not good for kibble distribution
- Determined chewers can do damage to the toy
Best Toughest Toys for Extreme chewers
15. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone
This flexible, bouncing, durable chew bone is designed for long chew sessions and powerful jaws. This bone can also float, so it is a fun toy for the pool or the beach as well. You can feel confident about your decision to buy this chew toy since it is 100% guaranteed by the manufacturer against whatever kind of damage your dog might do.
You can feel even better about this purchase since this bone was made in America and is recyclable. This is a great dog toy for extreme chewers who like to chew for long periods of time. The EPA and phthalate-free construction is non-toxic and compliant with FDA regulations.
- Flexible, bouncing, and floats, making it a great fetch toy
- 100% guaranteed by the manufacturer against dog-caused damage
- Made in America and recyclable
- Compliant with FDA regulations, EPA and phthalate-free
- Spongy, rubbery feel that not all dogs prefer
- Won’t stand up to the most powerful chewers
- Some dogs would prefer that there were a squeaker
16. Goughnuts – Original Dog Chew Ring
Goughnuts is well-known for their innovative, highly durable chew toys. If you are looking for the toughest dog toys for chewers, Goughnuts is likely to have the right toy for you. These toys are virtually indestructible. If your dog does manage to do damage to the toy you will know because the inner red layer will be revealed. When this happens, simply send the toy back to the company for your free replacement.
This chew ring is an excellent dog toy for tough chewers who have destroyed other toys. Furthermore, this ring is a great fetch toy and makes a wonderful tug toy for two dogs to play together as well. If your dog wants to chew, play fetch and play tug all with the same toy, all day long, this might be one of the only toys you will need.
- One of the most durable dog toys that is great for powerful chewers
- You will know when it is time to replace the toy when the red lining is revealed
- Goughnuts will give you a free replacement when your dog damages the toy
- Works great as a fetch toy, chew toy, and tug toy
- Effective training aid and chew toy
- Made in the USA
- Some dogs will not be interested in chewing on this toy since there is no flavor
- Doesn’t squeak and doesn’t have a range of textures
- Too heavy for many dogs to enjoy playing fetch with it
17. Benebone Real Flavor Dental Dog Chew Toy
This is a chew toy that is really made for your dog, not to be appealing for you. The dog-friendly design makes it easy for your dog to get her chew on. The patented ridges offer excellent dental stimulation to provide teeth cleaning and gum massaging from the beginning of the chew.
Your dog will love the real flavor that is sourced from only 100% real food ingredients. 100% USA-sourced real bacon is fused all the way through the chew. You can also choose from chicken, mint, or peanut.
This is a product that is made and sourced in the USA. You can feel even better about buying from Benebone since they donate their products and are involved in the community for the wellness of dogs.
- Innovative shape to make chewing comfortable and easy for your dog
- Four irresistible flavors are sourced from 100% real ingredients
- Made and sourced in the USA
- Sizes for dogs from under 30 lb to over 90 lb so that you can choose just the right size for your dog
- Dog might get bone stuck on jaw if the rounded part is chewed through
- Some dogs can chew off too large of pieces
- Ridges can be chewed off quickly, reducing their effectiveness.
If your dog is a powerful chewer who tends to go through toys quickly, or if she is the type of dog who is generally uninterested in toys until she decides to destroy them completely, don’t lose hope. Remember that your dog’s toys are for her, and if she is enjoying them then your mission is being accomplished.
Use every toy as a learning experience to take you closer to finding the best toys for your dog. When you do find a toy that your dog loves and can enjoy for a long time you will have a feeling of deep satisfaction. Even better, once you find a toy that works well for your dog, you know that you can keep buying it over and over as your dog destroys it over the years.
It may take some time to find the perfect toys for your dog, but once you have worked out the formula it will only take a little pampering to keep it perfect and keep your dog happy for many years to come.